Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Responsible for analysis of business systems & processes, detailed requirements definition and systems design consultation for Merrill’s application systems portfolio, which includes centralized transaction based, distributed, interactive desktop, and Internet applications. Works with other IT staff, business staff, and vendors to ensure the system direction and infrastructure are supportive of the company’s business direction and aligned to the long-term technology architecture. Provides comprehensive testing requirements, Train-the-Trainer implementation team support, and post-implementation system support.
- Under general direction, completes current state assessments, outlines future state objectives and analyzes improvement opportunities.
- Devises or modifies systems processes and/or procedures to solve complex business problems.
- Defines business process and systems requirements.
- Prepares detailed documentation from which program specifications will be written.
- Competent to complete the analysis for all application systems projects.
- Aids in the development of design solutions and functionality decisions. Participates in the development of user interfaces.
- Provides support and troubleshooting for the Quote to Cash processes and systems.
- Has a working understanding of business or function for which the application is designed.
- Outlines testing requirements to ensure all facets of the development effort and business procedure modifications have been evaluated to completeness and correctness.
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced business analysts, contract employees and super users.
- May be expected to perform as a project manager for small to mid size projects.