DataSite Sales Director, Investment Banking – New York
MERRILL, New York new york
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
The DataSite Sales Director will focus on coverage of a named list of Investment Banks in a specific, defined market. The Director will build relationships at all levels of the bank with a concentration on Analysts & Associates up through VPs and Managing Directors.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seller with 1-5 years of sales experience to join our growing DataSite Team and become part of a world class team selling world class technology. Merrill has been named to Selling Power Top 50 Companies To Sell For by Selling Power Magazine in 2017, 2018 & 2019.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Analysts & Associates on a daily basis
- Identifies potential buyers within targeted areas
- Undertakes client "discovery" process to identify client business issues and sell the appropriate set of solutions to address the client’s needs.
- Ability to present technology product solutions.
- Partners with other sales executives and technical sales consultants in a team selling environment.
- Prepares and presents complex proposals to existing and potential clients.
- Negotiates and executes contracts with clients consistent with our global pricing strategy.
- Work closely with sales management to develop an individual sales plan.
- Monitors progress against Merrill Corporation strategies and goals.
- Provides client support and service by leveraging internal resources to satisfy client needs.
- Drives sales and maintains relationships with assigned clients.
- Maintain accurate records of all call activity in salesforce.com and report call information, sales leads, and customer profiles correctly and accurately in a timely manner
- Learn all Merrill policies, procedures and best practices
- 4 year degree preferred
- 1-5 years of sales experience
- Excellent presentation and client communication skills.
- Experience in solutions selling and/or technology selling
- Ongoing ability to learn new products and services.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to call on C-level executives.
- Clear understanding of and experience with consultative sales process.
- Ability to adjust approach in order to fit different buyer motivators.
- Aptitude to take personal responsibility for customer satisfaction.
- Ability to negotiate and manage client expectations.
- Ability to negotiate complex pricing agreements and contract terms.
- Demonstrated service orientation with a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proactive planner and forward thinker.
- Demonstrated perseverance with clients and with process implementation.
- Ability to achieve results in partnership with others.
- Self-motivation to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrate the desire to become the best at everything they do.
Essential Behavioral Requirements:
All Merrill employees are expected to conduct themselves using the Merrill pillars of trust, teamwork and accountability and to behave in a manner which promotes company values, principals, policy, and culture.
This is an Evergreen requisition designed to gather a talent pool for current or future open positions. It is a way for Merrill Corporation to build a network of qualified, interested candidates for a specific job function in order to expedite the hiring process when there is a need to fill that type of role. By applying to an Evergreen requisition, you are expressing your interest for a particular job function within Merrill Corporation.