Do you want to work for the best? We are an AdvancED accredited private preschool licensed under the TN Department of Education. Our 4 person leadership team, inclusive of an Early Education Specialist, fully support our teachers and provide all the resources and training needed to make YOU succeed at our school. Developing our next generation starts in infancy and at Primrose, we believe who children become is as important as what they know. If you have a passion for enriching the minds of young children and want to work for the industry leader, then we want to hear from you!
As a Preschool Teacher at The Primrose School of Spring Hill, you will help young minds explore, discover and understand the world around them.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Teacher to plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child, in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning approach to teaching and learning
Primrose Spring Hill is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infant through Kindergarten.
A few of the advantages of being part of the Primrose team include:
- Respectful and supportive leadership team, inclusive of an Early Education Specialist focused on YOUR success
- All resources and supplies provided
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 13-25 paid days off each year (after 90 day probationary period and based on tenure)
- 3 paid professional development days
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options
- Childcare discount
- Opportunity for growth
- $300 sign on bonus awarded after successful completion of the 90 day probationary period
- And much more!!
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of the Preschool Classroom, serving children and families in our 3-4 year age group.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose Spring Hill and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning curriculum and programming.
- Plans with a member of the Leadership Team the parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
Desired skills and experience:
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations. For Infant and Young Toddler teachers, must be able to properly lift infants into and out of a crib.
- Infant - Preschool Teachers: 2 year degree in early childhood or related field preferred
- Pre-Kindergarten Teachers: 4 year degree in early childhood or related field required
- Kindergarten Teacher: 4 year degree in early childhood and certified to teach in the state in which the school operates required
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise, and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school. Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise Owners are equal opportunity employers. Positions and position titles vary by school.