Jobs related to "Senior/Principal Rock Mechanics Engineer"
Senior/Principal Rock Mechanics Engineer
Golder, Milton Nsw
This job is no longer available.
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Our Mining team is expanding and as such we are looking to hire a Senior/Principal level Rock Mechanics Engineer in our Brisbane office who will be employed on full-time basis in our Mine Engineering & Stability team.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Support the continued development of Golder's leading rock mechanics capability in Australia with international exposure;
- Develop and lead a thriving rock mechanics capability in Australia, with international exposure;
- Build, develop and maintain new and existing client relationships;
- Develop innovative solutions to mining problems across a variety of commodities and deposits;
- Carry out operations and planning reviews, due diligence studies for mining projects and scoping to feasibility level investigations;
- Manage open pit and/or underground mining projects including budgeting and quality control;
- Provide leadership and guidance to project teams, working across a range of technical disciplines;
- Provide safety leadership in identifying and alleviating/ eliminating high priority safety hazards;
- Actively mentor and develop staff in your team, in the interests of their long term career objectives and operational needs;
- Undertake business development and client development activities to ensure continuity of the rock mechanics work for your team and long-term client relationships
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Bachelor degree or similar in engineering or science and a postgraduate qualification in rock mechanics or geotechnical engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer or Member of a related professional body
- Strong ability to interact and influence internal and external stakeholders using effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Significant experience at a senior/principal level in a similar role coupled with mine site experience working on large open pit & underground studies
- Strong analytical, problem solving and well-developed project management skills
- You will also have good leadership & stakeholder/BD skills
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration package
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people - we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.