Jobs related to "Business Affairs Executive, Television"
Business Affairs Executive, Television
WME (William Morris Endeavor), Beverly Hills California
WME seeks a talented and highly-motivated attorney to add to its business affairs department in the LA office. This position will report to the Head of Business Affairs and will include reviewing, drafting and negotiating deals for WME’s TV Business Affairs division for scripted, non-scripted, and digital television.
- Responsible for handling scripted, non-scripted, and digital television matters surrounding WME’s television development, production and distribution projects on a day to day basis, including drafting and negotiating: development/attachment agreements with producers and talent, broadcast/license agreements with television networks and other content distributors, various production releases, co-production agreements, talent/crew agreements (e.g., directors, writers, actors, below-the-line production services, etc.), format licenses, distribution agreements, and various contractor and vendor agreements.
- Coordinate with WME risk management to ensure coverage; coordinate with WME finance with respect to payments/collections; evaluate intellectual property rights/chain of title issues.
- Act as an entrepreneurial business partner with, and provide decision-making support and guidance on strategy in dealmaking to WME agents and executives.
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgment to balance WME’s business needs and acceptable levels of risk.
- Foster positive long-term internal business client and external client relationships.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school.
- Admitted to CA Bar (or another state bar permissible under CA in-house counsel rules).
- Minimum 4 years of transactional legal experience, ideally with at least 2 of those years spent working at a law firm. In-house experience at a television production company, television network or media company, or comparable experience within an entertainment law firm is a plus.
- Experience in some or all of the following areas is highly desired: drafting and negotiating talent agreements (e.g. actors, writers, producers, directors), broadcast/license/production services agreements between production companies and television networks distributing the shows; intellectual property; guild/union (e.g., DGA, SAG-AFTRA, WGA, IATSE) and non-union labor and employment law; and/or legal production work related to scripted audiovisual content.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable him/her to interact with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced business environment and to work effectively with people at many different levels (including agents, senior executives, television network executives/business affairs, show creators, producers, artists, other attorneys, and in-house client divisions); have an effective problem-solving approach; excellent drafting and analytical skills; be well-organized; and have a strong work ethic.
- An upbeat temperament, dynamic personality and highly team-oriented approach to work is necessary.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.