Jobs related to "Retail Administrative Support Team, Part Time: The Mall in Columbia, MD"
Retail Administrative Support Team, Part Time: The Mall in Columbia, MD
Macy's, Columbia Maryland
The AST’s primary responsibilities are to organize the Store Management Office, execute operational administrative functions, oversee scheduling maintenance, balance the vault and other cash functions daily, distribute reports from My Macy’s Portal to management team, facilitate the screening/hiring process, handle HR functions, and act as the HR liaison for store employees. Performs other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking here.Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Coordinate distribution of all incoming communications (including faxes, e-mails, memos, letters, newsletters, and phone calls) whether from customers, employees, management, or the general public.
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer.
- Coordinate all functions of the hiring process including prescreening applicants, correspondence with applicants, and scheduling interviews with store management.
- Balance vault and store checkbook and perform other cash functions on a daily basis.
- Act as MST liaison and train associates and GSMs on how to call in repairs.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college is desirable.
- Minimum of two years administrative experience.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Typing minimum of 60 wpm. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Exchange, and Lotus Notes.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.