Jobs related to "Construction Sr. Project Manager, Washington, DC, US ID#16886"
Construction Sr. Project Manager, Washington, DC, US ID#16886
Cherokee Nation Businesses, LLC, Arlington Virginia
This job is no longer available.
Construction Sr. Project Manager, Washington, DC, US ID#16886
Cherokee Nation Environmental Solutions (CNES) is a construction, environmental, and professional services company that provides clients with custom tailored services that fit their specific needs. Federal government customers benefit from the personal approach that gives them the attention they deserve and the quality they expect. With decades of experience in the service industry, CNES extends its services to all facilities seeking reliable, quality services from a single source provider. CNES is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
The position will provide leadership, oversight, and overall responsibility for the timeliness, completeness, quality, and cost of multiple construction projects, both commercial and federal, with a focus on larger and/or more complex projects. Responsibilities will begin during the estimating process and concluded at completion of the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Provide overall lead support, direction, and management for assigned construction projects.
- Lead or participate in kick-off meetings, progress meetings, preparatory meetings, etc., and review scopes of work, special requirements, schedules, and budgets.
- Utilize construction management systems and methodologies as defined by the company.
- Be ultimately responsible for the timeliness, completeness, quality, and cost of projects from concept through completion.
- Responsible for establishing a positive and effective relationship with key contacts to develop or expand the company's business and to ensure, the delivery of quality workmanship and excellence in customer service.
- Manage and ensure Architects, Contractors, Subcontractors, Construction Managers, and administrative staff supporting the project are completely fulfilling all aspects of their responsibilities.
- Ensure that all projects under the position's direction are administered in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, including those related to insurance, safety, labor relations, EEOC, etc.
- Supervise and manage all contract requirements including, but not limited to, submittals, application for payments, schedules, budgets, notifications, reports, etc.
- Update senior management regularly on the project, financial status, and perceived level of satisfaction.
- Attend or chair business meetings representing the company at or hosted by a government agency in which professional business attire is required.
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Manage multiple and/or complex projects. May have direct supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management and a minimum of 10 years of experience in federal construction program management or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have previously completed or will complete OSHA Safety training (30 hours) within 30 days of starting in this job. Prefer a CCM certification or equivalent.
Candidates with Department of State OBO OCONUS experience are preferred.
Current Secret Security Clearance preferred.
Candidates will be required to undergo a federal government background investigation and favorably pass a drug screen.
Candidates must have a valid US Passport whose expiration date is at least One Year from the positions start date.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects in various phases.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contract documents, blueprints, specifications, engineering reports, safety rules and regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- A demonstrated commitment to exceeding expectations in the delivery of safe, quality, cost efficient and timely service.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, ability to face challenging situations, view from a variety of different angles; assess strength of options, select and implement the best solutions.
- Ability to think on your feet, making effective decisions on a timely basis, sometimes with limited information.
- Outstanding written, verbal, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of contract, federal, and municipal law as it relates to construction projects.
- Competency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project), Prolog Project Management.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance required per contract.
Work is primarily performed on a job site and, if responsible for multiple projects, will be required to travel to and work on construction project sites. When on-site, this position will require physical labor and the ability to lift 75lbs. Travel will be necessary per contract requirements. Will require some OCONUS travel.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "[email protected]" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "[email protected]" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.