Jobs related to "Retail Commission Sales, Part Time: The Fashion Center at Pentagon City"
Retail Commission Sales, Part Time: The Fashion Center at Pentagon City
Macy's, Arlington Virginia
This job is no longer available.
Job Overview: The Draw vs. Commission Sales Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis, and demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers. To create a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. Perform other duties as assigned. Continue below for an abbreviated job summary or view the complete job description here. Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process. Essential Functions:
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area.
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally.
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns.
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- No specific educational accomplishment is required.
- At least six months to one year of previous selling experience is required.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management.
- Able to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios.
- Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position requires constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
- Must be able to stand for at least two consecutive hours.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to function as part of a team.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess a thirst for learning
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.