Jobs related to "Registered Nurse (RN II) Oncology/General Surgery, Full-Time, Nights (12hrs)"
Registered Nurse (RN II) Oncology/General Surgery, Full-Time, Nights (12hrs)
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center, San Mateo California
This job is no longer available.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for coordinating and providing patient care in a safe and effective manner. Additional responsibilities include directing unlicensed employee activity, synthesizing patient information, assessment of patients, planning of care/intervention, and teaching of patients/family, implementation of treatment plan/MD orders, documentation and evaluation. Integration of patient care standards is incorporated into all clinical activities.
- Meets population specific competencies utilizing the nursing process.
- Documentation is complete accurate and timely and reflects patients� plan of care
- Provides leadership and a clear direction to all members of the healthcare team to support the plan of care while maintaining the responsibility and accountability for the management of patient care
- Provides for the psycho-social, spiritual, and cultural needs to patients, families, and significant others
- Demonstrates continued development of clinical expertise and current knowledge of healthcare trends and education related to nursing practices
- Participates in processes that improve standards of care and practice in the delivery of nursing service
- Supports sustainment of the Magnet culture
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1 year experience in an acute care/telemetry setting preferred
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
- BSN highly preferred
- Current CA RN License required
- Specialty certification preferred
- BLS certification required
- ACLS certification required
- ONS Chemotherapy/Immunotherapy certification (or will become certified within 4-6 months)