Jobs related to "Macy's Retail Commission Sales - Women's Shoes Sales Associate, Full Time: Somerset Collection"
Macy's Retail Commission Sales - Women's Shoes Sales Associate, Full Time: Somerset Collection
Macy's, Troy Michigan
This job is no longer available.
Job Overview: The Women's Shoes Consultant is responsible for providing an exceptional shopping experience by demonstrating superior product knowledge to our Women's Shoes clients and handles all service experiences with the appropriate level of speed and efficiency. The Consultant will make our clients the top priority upon arrival, throughout their visit, and, ultimately, their departure. The Consultant will use all selling and informational tools available, and introduce self-service learnings where necessary, to enhance our client's selection environment and make Macy's a Women's Shoes destination of choice. Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process. Essential Functions:
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority.
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns, including Macy's Loyalty Programs.
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection.
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer.
- Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and existing tablet apps.
- Develop a clientele base with the ultimate goal of customers shopping only at Macy's Women's Shoes.
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy's devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of service fulfillment (i.e. BOPS) with speed and efficiency.
- Acknowledge customers In a friendly and helpful manner and greet when they enter department.
- Handle returns courteously and professionally; suggest new merchandise so the customer doesn't leave the store empty handed.
- Offer to call other locations if merchandise is unavailable within store.
- Offer to put purchase on customer's Macy's charge account toward the end of the shopping experience.
- Reinforce customer's selection and package merchandise with care.
- Responsible for achieving sales goals and loyalty goals.
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales.
- Maintain good housekeeping and department recovery standards.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- No specific educational accomplishment is required.
- Previous selling experience and product knowledge in Women's Shoes preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management.
- Able to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios.
- Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Ability to work as part of a team, or independently with minimal supervision.
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess strong sense of urgency and a thirst for learning.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving, special Big Event days, and the day after Christmas, based on department and store/company needs.