Jobs related to "Senior Front-End Engineer"
Senior Front-End Engineer
Hired, Sequim Washington
Join Hired and find your dream job as a Senior Front End Engineer at one of 10,000+ companies looking for candidates just like you.
Companies on Hired apply to you, not the other way around. You'll receive salary and compensation details upfront - before the interview - and be able to choose from a variety of industries you're interested in, to find a job You'll love in less than 2 weeks.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you'll be responsible for implementing the interactive and visual elements of web and mobile applications. Sr. Front-End Engineers collaborate with the team of UX designers and backend engineers in delivering intuitive layouts. You'll also be responsible for translating the needs of our company and clients into appealing applications. If you enjoy writing code and creating user-friendly layouts, this job is a good fit for you. We value a diversity of perspectives and encourage healthy discussion and debate, but unite behind our decisions.Responsibilities
- Creating clean code
- Ensuring cross-browser compatibility
- Building a library for future use
- Optimizing applications for scalability and speed
- Acting as a mentor to junior developers, through code reviews and design document critiques
- Creating prototypes and quality mockups
- 4+ years experience in front-end development
- Exemplary communication skills; able to map problem-solution space and explain possible solutions to non-technical team members
- Good skill with Adobe suite, including Illustrator and Photoshop
- Familiarity with content management systems, including WordPress, Drupal and Joomla
- Understand of layout aesthetics
- Solid understanding of SEO principles
- Passion for learning new technologies fast
- B.S. degree in Computer science, Software Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with backend development
- Experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics or Mixpanel
- Experience with various database systems, both in production and warehousing capacities, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Redshift
- Experience with server-side languages such as Ruby on Rails