Tech Talent Link, Inc
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for architecture, design, development and implementation of custom electrical systems for precision automation application.
- Using Solid works/AutoCAD Electrical software to create electrical schematics for automation equipment.
- Using Solid works/AutoCAD Electrical software to create pneumatic schematics for automation equipment.
- Component specification, selection, and integration including motors, controllers, servos, robots, power supplies, circuit breakers, cameras, lasers, filters, and sensors etc.
- Electrical panel design and layout (2D, 3D).
- Implement designs that meet standards including UL, NFPA, and CE.
- Should be self-driven with excellent organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Participates, coordinates and monitors electrical design for projects by working closely with mechanical and software groups.
- Create Bill of Material/specification for purchases of materials.
- Communicate and work with project manager & client during all phases of project.
- Support assembly and debugging activities when system is assembled. Provide support during power up and integration phase in the factor or at customer site.
- Works closely with fellow Electrical Engineers to achieve reusable designs.
- Strong PLC experience (Siemens or Allen Bradley).
- Demonstrated experience designing and integrating automation tools.
- Excellent collaborator in large teams.
- Industrial automation electrical schematic/layout/assembly design experience. Be able to effectively use Solid works Electrical 2D schematics and 3D layout.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment, manage schedule and to handle work/delivery pressure on a day to day basis and be able to adopt to changing requirements.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- UL, NFPA, CE standards.
- Ability to be creative and to find better ways of doing things.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, lift 10 lbs. at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates, walk to and from manufacturing area (located in same facility) on a daily basis.
Your Education and Experience
- BSEE or MSEE (preferred).
- 3-5 years of direct and hands on electrical engineering experience in automation/manufacturing industry.
- Be able to make schematics and drawings to implement controls using Solidworks Electrical.
- Experience implementing electrical controls for motion controllers (PLC based ) , servo/stepper motors robotics, stages, power supplies , safety circuits, making panel based electrical controls, pneumatic circuits, vision systems, sensors would be needed on a daily basis for this position hence experience hands on experience is required in these areas.
- Familiarity with safety requirements and risk assessments.
- Experience working in a product lifecycle management software environment, implementing ECO/ECR a plus.
- Familiarity with NFPA79 & CE standards a plus.