Sr. Mechanical Engineer
PEAK Technical Staffing USA, Inglewood California
Lead the development of electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic systems. Senior engineers have significant ownership and responsibility within their project team, and will help mentor and guide junior engineers. Supports the development, maintenance or modification/upgrade of system designs. Sr. Mechanical Engineer will design, build, and test the subsystems used on military applicaiton.
- Design and analysis of components and subsystems for electromechanical and electrohydraulic systems.
- Leading research of technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Assessing and resolving product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
- Working with and possibly directing cross-functional teams to conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex design non-conformances.
- Lead PDR, CDR activities and technical reviews.
- Perform structural analysis (FEA) of static and dynamic loads on equipment IAW MIL-STD-810.
· Develop, and conduct testing to qualify prototype components and subsystems.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering from an accredited course of study in engineering with a minimum of 7 or more years of experience in working in aerospace and defense industries.
- Experience with Pro Engineer (CREO), Autocad, ANSYS.
- Experience with integration of military systems – including APU, ECU will be plus.
- Attention to detail, ability to make decisions and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing methods, fabrication processes (e.g., forming, stamping, machining, heat treatment, instrumentation, data acquisition and control systems), Geometric dimensioning & tolerancing and stack-up analysis.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.