Jobs related to "Sr Embedded Software"
Sr Embedded Software
PEAK Technical Staffing USA, Carlsbad California
This job is no longer available.
The Sr. Embedded Software Engineer will help develop the next-generation applications. The Sr. Embedded Software Engineer should have strong knowledge in Z-Wave controller software and Z-Wave controller certification process. Working knowledge with Zigbee, Blue Tooth, in addition to Z-Wave is a big plus. Skills in embedded Linux and embedded applications are essential. Strong collaboration and teamwork skills are required.
- Development of Linux application code for embedded devices and systems
- Develops software requirements and software project plans, including schedule dependencies, deliverables, and target dates
- Responsible for software architecture, design and implementation, covering complete software development lifecycle from requirements analysis to production and commercial deployment of embedded devices and systems products
- Review code and design
- Responsible for integration and validation of new product designs
- Supports verification and validation test methodologies for product release, and design for test in a factory production setting
- Works closely with engineering managers, software quality assurance, software, electrical and mechanical engineers to design, debug and release
- Analyze, monitor and improve efficiency and stability of the system
- Provide postproduction support of released products
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’ s degree; or 3 years and a Master’ s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Good understanding of Z-Wave wireless protocols
- Proficient with C/C++
- Experience with revision control software (git preferred)
- C++11/C++14/ 17 experience preferred
- Experience in MQTT/IoT and Sensors
- Familiar with JIRA, defect tracking tools, and Jenkin build system
- Developing code that runs in embedded Linux or in a preemptive multitasking RTOS
- Experience debugging on embedded targets using GDB or similar debugging platforms
- Using a Linux code-development environment
- WiFi or Bluetooth experience
- Yocto or other build systems