Jobs related to "FIELD SERVICE TECH - SWGR, CONTROL, COMMISSIONING – DIRECT HIRE"
FIELD SERVICE TECH - SWGR, CONTROL, COMMISSIONING – DIRECT HIRE
RemX, Sterling Virginia
This RemX client is a premier manufacturer of custom electrical equipment. Their dramatic growth has created an opportunity for a senior Field Service Technician based in Sterling, VA.
In this role, you will be responsible for hands-on field service work at customer sites, with a focus on installation of components and subassemblies, and basic commissioning of company equipment primarily in data center or industrial applications.
- Attend project meetings as required, including coordination with contractors and clients
- Installation and modification of mechanical and electrical components and subassemblies
- Perform pre-energization inspections on company equipment
- Perform level 2 through level 4 commissioning of company equipment
- Perform modification to programming for automation, protection or monitoring devices within company products
- Identify and propose solutions to system integration issues with other vendor’s equipment
- Coordinate with Field Project Manager and/or manufacturing facilities to find solutions to product or commissioning issues identified by company or reported by the customer in the field
- Work with the Field Project Manager to identify if additional field resources or teams are needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance, field installations and modifications
- Technical product support
- Work with project engineers and project managers to select and coordinate the installation and replacement of parts
- A technical or vocational degree and a minimum 2 yrs. field service with a focus on commissioning of electrical equipment.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision is a must
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to troubleshoot power components like circuit breakers
- Understanding and familiarity with lock out tag out procedures involving multiple power sources.
- Experience with switchgear and electrical controls system.
- Experience with programming PLC’s or automation controllers such as automatic transfer switch controls, generator paralleling controls.
- Experience with advanced communication protocols and networking concepts.
- Military experience a plus.