Jobs related to "Engineering Manager - Power/Switchgear - Direct Hire"
Engineering Manager - Power/Switchgear - Direct Hire
RemX, Jacksonville Florida
This RemX client is a premier manufacturer of custom electrical equipment. Their dramatic growth has created an opportunity for an Engineering Manager.
In this role, you will be responsible for directly managing the Jacksonville-based design engineering group and supporting the needs of the Jacksonville production and test facilities.
This is a strategic, high-visibility role with strong career advancement potential, offering a competitive compensation package and excellent company benefits.
- Complete performance reviews and provide mentorship for all local and remotely-based design engineers working under the umbrella of the local facility.
- Ensure that all engineers are working diligently, communicating effectively, growing their skills and meeting project deadlines as set by production and sales schedules.
- Ensure that all engineers are following company processes and applying standard components/designs whenever possible.
- Ensure that engineers are meeting the needs of their assigned product team, as set forth by the team’s lead engineer(s). Work with product team leads to select and mentor engineers toward their area of expertise.
- Take accountability for the performance of all subordinate design engineers. Instill and encourage a sense of personal and professional accountability in engineering staff. Address deficiencies in staff, when required.
- Work with scheduler to ensure the best possible engineer gets assigned to each customer order, given the skills and experience of the engineering staff and current workload.
- Work with engineers to ensure they are meeting deadlines and communicating delays to management, the scheduler, the sales dept, project managers and other appropriate parties.
- Work with local operations and production managers to proactively solve engineering related problems and ensure the staff is supporting the needs of the production facility.
- Work with the director of engineering and local management to promptly address staff or process deficiencies.
- Support the local production team by ensuring that their questions get answered promptly and ongoing issues pertaining to designs or drawings are resolved.
- Review all drawings to be built at the local manufacturing facility to ensure they are complete, accurate and contain all necessary information. Ensure that the BOM contains all items necessary to build the product at the local plant. Ensure that jobs get reviewed and redlined by the appropriate subject matter experts and that updates are made.
- Facilitate factory tours, witness tests, and technical meetings.
- Work with test department and production staff to coordinate high level testing of company products and systems in the local test facility
- Work with project engineers, QC and test to perform inspections and sign-off of equipment prior to shipment.
- Work with other engineering managers within the company, engineering leads and upper management to identify areas of improvement and to implement and enforce engineering standards.
- Provide and facilitate technical training exercises for local and remote engineering teams.
- Travel to customer sites or other company facilities occasionally for engineering surveys, training, engineering department meetings, technical project meetings, or other project related business. Travel should not exceed 15%.
- Four year college degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in design engineering related to switchgear, power generation equipment, custom control systems or similar
- At least 3 years of experience in Engineering Management, with direct supervision of engineers
- Strong Technical Capability
- Power engineering as it relates to LV and MV switchgear from 120V to 38kV
- Design of custom control systems with automation elements within power products
- Understanding NRTL certifications and UL listings
- Functional testing