The Electrical Engineer PEwill support the undertaking of project teams in the design and delivery of services related to design and construction of electrical systems, as well as the overall project.
- Functions as Project Engineer on assignments with electrical design scope and other disciplines.
- Ensures coordinated design on projects.
- Participates in the design development of electrical work.
- Creates and reviews drawings and technical specifications.
- Contributes to estimation of projects, planning and construction feasibility.
- Participates in the development of design drawings.
- Able to provided advisory information during the construction phase.
- Able to perform site surveys and contributes to engineering studies.
- Attends and contributes to office, client and project meetings.
- Participates in the monitoring of project production and schedules to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Participates in ensures the quality of the work produced maintains high standards.
- Performs engineering studies.
- Performs technical and coordination check-review of project documentation and drawings.
- Follows up on issues with design and production staff to resolve problems and concerns.
- Participates in internal project meetings on a regular basis, including meeting being responsible for minutes.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering. P.E. License required. Minimum of three years’ experience in a technical capacity reflecting increasing responsibility.
- Proficient in project management concepts.
- Familiarity with software: AutoCAD and Revit.
- Ability to learn and become capable in Visual, GenSize and SKM Power Tools within four months of hire.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and applicable Building Codes.
- Good communications and negotiations skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Detail and safety-oriented.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to create and maintain productive relationships with employees, clients, and vendors.
- Understanding of underlying principles of A/E industry.