Project Design Engineer - Glovebox Projects
Los Alamos, NM - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Apply Live Chat
Project Design Engineer - Glovebox Projects Overview:
Our client is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented individual to serve as a project engineer to join our growing team of employee owners! Do you have strong leadership skills, the ability to focus multi-discipline teams, and very strong technical skills? Are you looking to work with a team of talented PMs, engineers, and designers in Los Alamos, NM.
Los Alamos is a small community located in the scenic high desert of Northern New Mexico near Santa Fe, NM. The area offers a wealth of outdoor activities, a family-friendly community, an excellent public school system and a low crime rate.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for designing custom solutions, mentoring a team and the outdoor life style of Northern New Mexico. This team provides full service nuclear design solutions to the federal government (DOE, NNSA, and NIST), nuclear research, nuclear medicine, and the commercial nuclear power industries.
The Project Engineer will work in a dynamic multi-discipline environment, designing systems and equipment for non-reactor nuclear facilities. The individual will direct a multi-disciplined team of engineers and designers, and serve as the primary technical interface with clients, project management, and procurement professionals. The Project Engineer serves as a liaison between the Project Manager and technical disciplines and is responsible for:
- Assisting the Project Manager with managing scope, schedule and cost
- Leading design activities and managing design deliverables
- Ensuring client satisfaction and working closely with the client' s technical team
- Coordinating engineering disciplines and managing discipline interfaces
- Managing project resources, managing technical changes and expediting scheduled activities
- Minimum ten (10) years of engineering experience and five (5) years in Project Engineering
- Background in nuclear facility design and engineering
- Experience with DOE or NNSA projects
- Experience with nuclear quality assurance standards
- Experience with supervising engineers and designers
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Scheduling Software (e.g. MS Office, Primavera)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Degree Requirements: Bachelor of Sciences in Engineering from an A.B.E.T. accredited program
- Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship.
- Certifications: Professional licensure is highly desired.