Waste Connections, Inc., Plainfield Illinois
Maintenance Technician Employee Type Employee
Requisition Primary Location
GROOT, Inc. a subsidiary of Waste Connections has an immediate opening for a Line Equipment Technician in our transfer station in Plainfield, IL. This position will be performing maintenance on line system equipment. You will also be responsible for walking the system, fixing minor issues and keeping the machine greased and in top shape.
- Perform routine maintenance or minor repairs on recycling equipment.
- Reviews and completes, repairs identified on Daily Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on recycle equipment.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards. Typical schedule is Monday-Friday and typically every other Saturday, or as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair equipment in the field.
- Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
- Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
- Must provide own personal tools and tool box.
- 1 to 2 yrs. experience working with recycle equipment
- 1 to 2 yrs. experience performing routine maintenance or minor repairs on recycling equipment i.e. Star Gears, Finger Sorters, Ballistics, belts and cleaning
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)