Automated Residential Driver
Waste Connections, Inc., Fife Washington
Automated Residential Driver Employee Type Employee
Requisition Primary Location
We are looking for a safety conscience Residential Driver to join the team at our Hauling location in Fife, WA . Previous waste experience would be a huge plus !
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste. Waste experience preferred , but not required.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 45 hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future at www.wasteconnections.com !
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
High School (Required)
Class B Commercial Drivers License with Air Brakes Endorsement - Department of Transportation