Lead Load Operator/ Scale Attendant
Waste Connections, Inc., Omaha Nebraska
Load Operator/ Scale Attendant Employee Type Employee
Requisition Primary Location
Green Acres Transfer Station currently has an opening for a candidate as a Loader Operator/ Scale Attendant located in Omaha, NE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, operates tipper. May also include forklifts and front skid steer loaders. Will also have other duties including picking up garbage, cleaning machines, and directing traffic.
- Operates equipment for general site and other related assignments.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Greet and direct all customers and employees upon entry of the landfill.
- Track weight information from scale to computer system and get appropriate signatures.
- Calculate payments for customers.
- Ensure incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED
- Willing to load and unload trucks, semi-trailers and export containers.
- Understanding of computers and Windows based software is a plus!
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 to 75 + pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment, skid steer and forklift safety.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
- We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)