Waste Connections, Inc., Greater Sudbury On
Millwright Mechanic Employee Type Employee
Requisition Primary Location
Waste Connections of Canada has an immediate opening for a Licensed Millwright Mechanic to join our Transfer Station (Materials Recovery Facility/MRF) in Sudbury, ON . As a Millwright Mechanic, you will for maintaining all production equipment (Recycling Sorting equipment, Balers and rolling equipment, loader, skid steer, forklift); in a safe working order; some electrical work may be required. The Millwright Mechanic will work directly with the MRF Manager to ensure that all the equipment meets all provincial regulations and standards, and WCC safety standards.
Pay rate: $25-$30 per hour; based on experience
Full time with benefits
- Company-paid benefits
- RRSP - match
- Generous boot, uniform and tool allowance
Shift timing : Monday to Friday. Up to 8-10 hours shifts.
- Licensed Millwright Mechanic
- 3-4 years of experience as a Millwright
- 1-2 years of experience repairing equipment
- Strong knowledge and experience diagnosing electrical issues
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment tests
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs repairs and maintenance on Transfer Station Equipment, Balers, and other equipment to maximize safe and productive operations
- Typical repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of Conveyor belts and motors, fabrication, welding, electrical work, switches, star screens etc.
- Duties also include other maintenance in and around the transfer station.
APPLY TODAY! Be part of a great team!
Come, join a team environment, and colleagues who embrace a "work hard, play harder" culture.Our compensation package is competitive and comes with excellent benefits. You'll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives, and more.
Waste Connections of Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer