Waste Connections, Inc., Bridgeton Missouri
Diesel Mechanic Employee Type Employee
Requisition Primary Location
YES - Waste Connections is STILL HIRING! Join us, a Community Essential Industry!
Waste Connections has an immediate position open for a Diesel Mechanic to work on our fleet oftrucks at our site in St. Louis, MO. (Swing Shift)
Diesel Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment in a family atmosphere are encouraged to apply.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 2 years experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair; or completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
- CDL Class B with Air Brakes (or ability to obtain one within 90 days).
- Class C (regular driver's license) required
- State MVR a plus.
- Provide personal tools.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)