PEAK Technical Staffing USA, Burbank California
The Aerospace Electronics Engineer will support new product development of Pressure Switch and Pressure Transducer products. The engineer will be a key contributor in adapting both standard designs, and full custom specifications to customer defined requirements. Designs will require knowledge of electromechanical systems, material properties, Analog circuitry, Spice simulations, Software programming and use of standard test equipment. The Candidate will be responsible for product design, documentation, transfer to production and interaction with management and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advanced understanding of engineering principles and tools including Analog circuit design, Signal processing, Circuit and System Modeling, EMI, PCB design, properties of materials, mechanical stress, and reliability.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in the development of new products and the optimization of processes and controls.
- Solid proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Background in the aerospace industry especially DO160, DO254, DO178 preferred.
- Cross-Functional experience in mechanical engineering, materials, algorithm, or physics preferred
- Excellent critical analysis, statistical analysis, and logic/reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Experience with sensor technology is a plus.
- Background integrating new products into a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with MEMS, MEMS packaging, Hybrid circuits.
- Design analysis of Electromechanical devices including SPICE analysis.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree required.
- Knowledge of Aerospace design practices (FMEA, Design of experiments, Reliability analysis, Failure analysis or fault tree).
- Familiar with Analog circuit design (Op amps, Instrumentation Amplifiers, Wheatstone bridge, Filters, Stability analysis), PCB design, Software including Labview, and C.
- Familiar with Electronic equipment including Oscilloscopes, Power supplies, Function Generators, DMM’ s, Data Acquisition, Serial communications devices.
Ability to Solder, prototype and test PCB assemblies.