Waste Connections, Inc., Oak Ridge Tennessee
Driver Employee Type Employee
Requisition Primary Location
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
We are looking for self motivated, hard working individuals that want to pursue a career in the waste industry at our location in Oak Ridge, TN. CDL and trash experience is preferred; however, not required. Candidate must be willing to acquire his/her Class B CDL within the first 60 days of employment and will be reimbursed by the company after successfully completing 90 days of service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and the ability to provide excellent customer service at all times
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed.
Basic Knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre and post trip instructions
DOT F-Stamp Endorsement
The ability to acquire a CDL Class B (with air brake endorsement) within 60 days.
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
- 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
Competitive wageplus overtime
- Performance-based career growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability)
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Flexible Spending Account
Apply today at www.wasteconnections.com and Connect with Your Future
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)