PEAK Technical Staffing USA, Van Nuys California
Manufacturing Engineer develops, maintains and monitors the casting tooling used in the manufacture of Turbine Blades and Turbine Vanes. Working knowledge of 5-Axis CBN grinding and development of special machining fixtures and tooling. Monitors and assist in trouble shooting any all outside suppliers that provide services associated with our Turbine Blades and Turbine Vanes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the design and refurbishment of all casting tools – wax tools, ceramic cores dies, inspection gages (Turbine Blades and Turbine Vanes).
- Support manufacturing of compressor blades. CNC machining and development of forgings and inspection criteria.
- Lead new reverse engineering projects for turbine engine products from raw material to completed finished product.
- Monitor and help troubleshoot problems that outside suppliers may run into with regards to our Turbine Blades and Turbine Vanes (heat treat, coating, cleaning, deburr, NDT, Braze, honeycomb).
- Assist in making improvements internally as well with outside suppliers to improve delivery of product and supports continuous improvement efforts.
- Evaluate scrap, rework and disposition of MRB material and creating rework routing.
- Update work orders and Operation Sheets associated with Turbine Blades and Turbine Vanes.
- Support create of CAD models for gas turbine components.
Job knowledge, Skills and Abilities;
- Experience in CBN Grinding
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience
- 3+ years of aerospace investment casting experience
- SolidWorks and Mastercam
- Working knowledge of turbine airfoil design and best practices
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- Familiar with ANSI Y14.5 & ASME Y14-85