Pape' Material Handling, Inc, Concord California
PAPÉ MATERIAL HANDLING, INC. – CONCORD, CA
FIELD TECHNICIAN: Position will diagnose and repair Hyster and other material handling equipment at customer locations. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze and diagnose (troubleshoot) equipment malfunctions or failures.
- Repair, electric fork lifts and electrical forklift systems, LPG, diesel, engines, transmissions, carburetors, final drives, steering, clutches, cross shafts, hydraulic components, electrical systems and air systems.
- Provide occasional shop assistance.
- Maintain driving record in accordance with state laws and in a courteous, safe manner.
- Determine correct parts needs to complete task and order in a timely manner from the Parts Department, as well as, returning all unused parts in a timely manner.
- Communicate in a courteous and effective manner with customers regarding all aspects of the work being performed.
- Communicate with management regarding all aspects of the work being performed for the customer.
- At all times operate in a constant state of alertness, and safe manner.
Applicant must have a minimum of 3 years diagnosing and repairing experience, good trouble shooting skills, and experience with Telehandlers and aerial equipment. Electric forklift experience is a big plus. Looking for a self-motivated, assertive individual that is computer literate, able to work under little or no supervision, and has excellent communication and customer relation skills. Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and must provide own tools.
Why work for Papé:
- Competitive pay based on your skills, training, and experience level
- Outstanding benefits including – 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match; Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (Flex Plans); Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Progressive Vacation Plans; Online and Instructor-Led Training; Tuition Reimbursement for Training Programs
- Advancement – Papé is a dynamic, growth oriented organization with a focus’ on promoting from within.
- Stability and reputation — Papé is a family-owned, fourth-generation company with over 100 locations, over 3,000 employees and 80 plus years of experience. Papé is known for their stability, their honesty and their integrity.
- Equipment – We have the largest equipment inventory in the West and an unparalleled parts inventory!
- Employee impact – Enjoy an open-door policy where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training – You will be provided with training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Driver License
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)