Parts Sales Counterperson
Pape' Trucks, Inc, Portland Oregon
PAPÉ KENWORTH – PORTLAND, OR
PARTS SALES COUNTERPERSON: Position will respond to customer needs for parts in person or by telephone at the store location. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Determining customers parts needs through use of literature, computer programs and parts knowledge.
- Recommending parts or service to customers.
- Maintaining relationships with established customers and building relationships with potential customers.
- Maintaining knowledge of products, services and parts and the associated costs of each.
- Completing all necessary paperwork on each transaction in an accurate timely manner.
- Responding to customers in person or by telephone whenever required and providing quotes or estimates for parts.
- Processing credits, making adjustments, and monitoring for restocking charges on all parts sales completed.
Must be self-motivated, assertive, have excellent customer relation skills, and be able to perform at a high level in a fast past and team oriented environment. Minimum three years of heavy duty truck parts counter experience required. Requires the ability to communicate effectively with customers by telephone and in person, in an effort to sell company parts and other services. Applicant should also be knowledgeable in parts inventory and have above average organizational skills.
Why work for Papé:
- Competitive pay based on your skills, training, and experience level
- Outstanding benefits including – 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match; Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (Flex Plans); Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Progressive Vacation Plans; Online and Instructor-Led Training; Tuition Reimbursement for Training Programs
- Advancement – Papé is a dynamic, growth oriented organization with a focus’ on promoting from within.
- Stability and reputation — Papé is a family-owned, fourth-generation company with over 100 locations, over 3,000 employees and 80 plus years of experience. Papé is known for their stability, their honesty and their integrity.
- Equipment – We have the largest equipment inventory in the West and an unparalleled parts inventory!
- Employee impact – Enjoy an open-door policy where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training – You will be provided with training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)