Senior Contract Specialist I DTRA
Broadleaf, Inc, Ft Belvoir Virginia
- The individual will be involved in planning contracting program objectives for procuring a variety of complex requirements; analyzing contracting issues and determines recommended course of action; executing post-award contract performance management actions with contracts (those with cost reimbursement and/or those with incentive arrangements); evaluating contractor performance for compliance with terms and conditions of contracts; and procuring and planning acquisition for standard or specialized items.
- 8+ years of contract specialist experience, preferably within the DoD.
- Able to obtain and maintain DoD Security Clearance Secret
- Ability to analyze and review all applicable policies, guidance and regulations to make contracting recommendations
- Experience providing cost and price analysis to determine price reasonableness
- Experience in the acquisition strategy planning, requirements review and Performance Work Statement (PWS)/Statement of Work (SOW) development in collaboration with customers
- Experience performing market research/analysis to determine availability of the requirement
- Experience reviewing procurement requests to determine whether, based on market analysis, the requirement can be performed by small businesses
- Ability to perform cost/price analysis of complex contractor proposals to include familiarity with DCAA and DCMA rate reviews, pre-award surveys, etc.
- Knowledge of federal and agency laws, regulations, and procedures applicable to the acquisition process and to the award and administration of DTRA contracts
- Knowledge and recent experience (within the last 3 years) as a contract specialist planning, negotiating, and administering cost-reimbursement contracts
- Knowledge of contract administration principles and the practices to monitor contractor performance on contracts
- SPS skills/knowledge
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Normal office environment.