Community Manager- Winslow Crossings
SHELTON SERVICES LLC, Winslow Arizona
Manages the day-to-day operations of 2 or more assigned properties including managing the team members, daily activities, and resources of the properties to achieve established budgeted financial and operational goals and ensures that the operations of the properties comply with Company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws and regulations governing multi-family housing operations.
1. Provides input into the development of budget(s) for assigned properties by analyzing and evaluating financial statements, reviewing current and projected marketing information, and accessing operational reports that establish historic and predict performance patterns.
2. Meets targeted revenues by setting rent rates, ensuring rent and fees are collected and posted in a timely manner, making financial bank deposits, and preparing and reviewing monthly financial status reports.
3. Approves invoices from vendors, contractors, and service providers for payment by reconciling work performed or products purchased, ensuring validity of certificates of insurance, coding charges to appropriate Chart of Account codes, and managing communication between the vendor/contractor, accounting, and the client/owner as needed.
4. Controls expenditures by staying within the constraints of the approved budget and manages the balance and maintenance of the petty cash fund.
5. Oversees the lease enforcement process by approving prospective resident applications, discounts and renewal leases, conducts periodic apartment inspections, follows proper notice requirements, evicts residents, and imposes and collects late fees and other charges as allowable and stated in the terms of the lease.
6. Gathers, analyzes, and interprets current market and economic trends that may impact assigned properties and implements short- and long-range marketing and leasing strategies to achieve property occupancy and revenue goals.
7. Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by responding to complaints, questions, and requests in a timely manner, and taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues. Ensures the property maintenance team members comply with the Company’s standards with respect to responding and completing resident service requests.
8. Conducts regular property inspections and takes appropriate actions to ensure that the physical aspects of the assigned properties, grounds, buildings, and amenities meet established standards for safety, cleanliness, and general appearance and appeal.
9. Supervises property staff by interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training employees, and manages their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
10. Assists in managing the client/owner relationship by meeting with the owners, conducting property tours, providing updates and information about the property’s performance, and responding to owner requests as needed.
1. Completes various accounting, financial, administrative, and other reports and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to property operations, and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve the efficiency, productivity, and profitability of the property.
- Keeps abreast of new trends and changes in the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, apartment association meetings, and other events, and accessing other information sources.
- Incumbents work in an office environment, but also may have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
- Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of assigned properties and amenities.
- Incumbents must be able to stand, walk, and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- Incumbents must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to twenty-five (25) pounds independently and fifty (50) pounds with assistance.
- Incumbents must be able to work a flexible work schedule and be available via phone and/or email at all times, except during approved time off.
- Routine local travel may be required to make bank deposits, attend training classes, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Incumbents must have all licenses and/or certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions.
- Incumbents must have valid driver’s license to drive a golf cart on property and ensure all other on-site staff that has access to drive the golf cart also has a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions about assigned properties operations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents. Strong proficiency in using property management software (preferably Yardi and/or One Site).
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to hire, lead, direct, evaluate, and manage subordinate and team members, including maintenance specialists.
- High School diploma, GED and employment history that demonstrates the application of property management, sales, marketing, and customer service background sufficient to manage the day-to-day operation of an apartment community, resolve customer complaints and issues, complete financial records, documents, and reports, increase sales revenues, and coordinate the word of a team.