Clinical Nurse Supervisor, (FT) Dermatology Clinic, Outpatient/Ambulatory
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon New Hampshire
The Clinical Nurse Supervisor is an engaged and credentialed member of the Professional Nursing Organization and is responsible for autonomous practice directed by the professional tenets of practitioner, leader/decision maker, scientist and transferor.
The Clinical Nurse Supervisor is responsible for directing and supervising all assigned support personnel (LPN, RN, MA, Unit Tech, Aesthetician, etc.) as may be required for the proper functioning of the unit.
1. Plans adequate staffing and adjustments based on operational needs, patient needs and staff skill mix. Maintains a quarterly staffing schedule for all nursing support personnel.
2. Evaluates performance of staff members, including coaching and performance management processes. This may include corrective action and termination.
3. Manages the recruitment, interviewing and hiring of direct reports.
4. Maintains and supports evidence based practices in the clinical area. Assures compliance with national standards and initiatives, e.g., The Joint Commission. Promotes individual/peer and departmental accountability to the organization’s Mission, Vision, and Goals.
5. Encourages and supports process improvements which promote fiscal responsibility and clinical excellence as both a leader and contributor.
6. Assumes responsibility for patient flow processes. Strategizes to improve efficiency and eliminate barriers that impact patient and family centered care.
7. Performs payroll for direct reports
8. Maintains oversight for licensure, CPR and other certifications as well as ongoing education
9. Manages medication ordering, other work orders as appropriate, courier pick-ups and deliveries
10. Oversees tracers, EEM and OWLs
11. Thinks creatively and innovatively to further the goals of the department
12. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) with 1 year of experience.
Associate Degree (ADN) prepared nurses with 2 years' experience.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
Licensed Registered Nurse in New Hampshire required.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate required