Director Perioperative Services (FT)
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon New Hampshire
The Director Perioperative Services has responsibility and accountability for the management of clinical practice, patient care delivery, human and fiscal resources, compliance with regulatory standards, continuous quality improvement, and fostering interdepartmental and intradepartmental collaborative relationships across the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center operating room.
Responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of quality, best-practice based, clinical delivery systems to support all perioperative services.
Scope of responsibility includes Same Day, OR, CSI and PACU.
1. In collaboration with the CMO, CNO and administrative leaders ensures the development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of clinical patient care and clinical practice. Works collaboratively to assess current services and patientcare needed to define quality and compliance initiatives.
2. Facilitates processes to ensure efficient and effective utilization of services and the block schedule to yield appropriate productivity.
3. Develops, enforces and clearly articulates departmental and institutional strategic objectives to guide and strengthen the overall performance of the operating room.
4. Directs and manages all staffing needs, including hiring, performance management, professional development and termination of all perioperative personnel.
5. Coordinates, assesses, and collaborates with recruitment to develop staffing plans based on OR volumes and service line growth.
6. Develops, coordinates, and evaluates the orientation program of the department. Assesses the educational needs of staff, providing staff development and educational opportunities.
7. Works with OR leadership to develop and maintain succession planning.
8. Manages payroll for direct reports, along with assisting the department in complex payroll needs.
9. Ensures operations are fully compliant with local state and federal regulatory agencies, i.e TJC, CMS, etc.
10. Ensures accurate and timely data reporting for the management and continuous quality improvement of perioperative services. Uses benchmarking data for analysis and performance improvement initiatives.
11. Partners with leadership on quality initiatives, process improvement events, and patient safety programs to improve the clinical efficiencies and compliance.
12. Builds collaborative relationships with physicians, nurses, administrators and all support staff.
13. Partners with Inventory and Logistics to assess operational needs along with clinical requirements. Assists with managing all product trials and capital requests.
14. Collaborates with Business manager and VP to help develop the departmental plan for operational and fiscal performance. Monitors, adjusts and implements operational changes to achieve short and long term fiscal goals.
15. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Master’s Degree with demonstrated clinical competency, leadership and education experience with 5 years of administration or directorial experience. Previous management experience in a perioperative environment.
- Experience with Process Improvement preferred.
- Experience managing a staff of 15 or more a must.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in New Hampshire required.