Medical Imager I (X-Ray Tech), (FT), Radiology-Diagnostics
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon New Hampshire
Medical Imager (X-Ray Tech) sign on incentives: up to $7500
D-H Medical Imagers perform radiologic procedures requiring advanced technical skills and understanding of complicated requests from specialized clinics. They work in many different areas providing coverage for Outpatients, Portables, Emergency Room, OR, Fluoroscopy and Neuroradiology. Our Radiology staff perform at the highest potential of their license. We have a team atmosphere and work together to provide excellent patient care.
They perform radiologic procedures without constant supervision and assist in the technical orientation of Staff Radiologic Technologists instructing them in complex examinations or difficult procedures on an ongoing basis.
This is a full-time, 40-hour per week, benefitted position.
Responsibilities: A listing of the key responsibilities:
- Operates the section’s imaging equipment while performing section procedures. Review medical record for patient history and pertinent clinical information. Transfers patient to imaging table, explains procedure and positions the patient according to protocol.
- Reviews Radiologic Technologist’s and student Technologist’s films for correct positioning and overall film quality. Recommends additional films and suggest technical factors.
- Orients and instructs the Staff Radiologic Technologists and student technologists regarding technical procedures. Assists radiologists with difficult patients or complex problems.
- Administers all steps of the X-Ray with the patient: Pre-exam processing, performing the exam, and post-exam documentation.
- Maintains cleanliness of all rooms, machines and cassettes in the department.
- Maintains supply inventory.
- Utilizes applicable aspects of the Radiology Information System.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Keywords: radiologic, x-ray
*External hires only and certain conditions apply
- HS diploma or equivalent
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- Registered with the ARRT and certified in Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Licensed by the Board of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy in the state of New Hampshire.