Credit Product Specialist
PNC Financial Services Group, Cincinnati Ohio
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) (position title) within PNC's (name of division) organization, you will be based in (city/state location of position).
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Credit Product Specialist within PNC's Corporate & Institutional Banking organization, you will be based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Serves as a market level credit product expert. Structures and advises clients on various types of credit and credit-related transactions to meet clients needs while staying within the Bank's risk profile. Responsible for the entire execution of credit related products and all other credit products including but not limited to ACH, FX, EF and Derivatives. Manages the diligence/approval process and negotiate all legal documents and closing. Partners effectively with the Relationship Banking team to help identify and drive revenue through credit products.
- Directly responsible for managing a portfolio of borrowers and all portfolio management activities, including direct and on-going communication with the clients.
- Collaborates with RMs and other product partners (i.e. TM, FX, DCM) to assess credit needs generate ideas and deliver integrated solutions. Able to assess industry dynamics to advise on the best solutions. Participates in client and prospect calls in conjunction with the RMs.
- Responsible for structuring credit transactions within the Banks credit risk appetite. Leads internal white boarding and diligence sessions to assess viable solutions.
- Drives the internal credit approval process, loan documentation and closing.
- Responsible for the indirect management of a team of employees to handle all aspects of the credit process. Plays a key role in training, mentoring and developing junior talent.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesClient Relationship Management – Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy client needs and maintain a partnering relationship during engagements; includes influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, managing and developing others.Credit Analysis and Verification – Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Financial Analysis – Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.Knowledge of Underwriting – Knowledge of the full spectrum of underwriting activities, practices, tools and considerations, and the ability to utilize these to manage the underwriting process.Negotiating – Knowledge of successful negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external vendors and clients in a constructive and collaborative manner.Portfolio Management – Knowledge of and ability to utilize the tools, techniques, and acceptable business practices associated with managing a client's securities investments.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [email protected]
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.