System Rel & Support Lead
PNC Financial Services Group, Horsham Pennsylvania
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) (position title) within PNC's (name of division) organization, you will be based in (city/state location of position).
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Systems Reliability and Support Lead within PNC's CI&B organization, you will be based in Horsham, Pa, Pittsburgh, Pa, Cleveland, Oh or be remote.
The chosen candidate will be working on a vendor finance application used for leasing. The hiring manager is seeking someone with the following experience Windows Server, SQL Server and .Net. Experience with SSIS and SSRS is highly desired.
- Leads and participates in the monitoring, maintenance, support and modernization of systems and software to ensure stability and compliance to technology standards.
- Performs maintenance, including installation of patches and upgrades. Coordinates with delivery teams to ensure changes are implemented in order to maintain a stable production environment.
- Incident detection, resolution and/or escalation. Analyze and identify root cause of incidents. Gathers information and reports out on design, reliability, maintenance problems and bugs.
- Monitors systems availability, performance, and capacity against baseline metrics and reports trends. Implements methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for monitoring software reliability and resolving incidents.
- Educates and coaches more junior staff to ensures in depth knowledge of supported systems and applications.
- Leads application governance, such as required attestations, continuity testing, impact analysis, responding to audit/regulatory inquiries and complying with technology standards.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnalytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Application Maintenance – Knowledge of and ability to define, implement changes to, and support a production application.Application Programming Interfaces (API's) – Knowledge and ability to write, test, and debug application programming interfaces (APIs).Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.IT Environment – Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.IT Incident Management – Knowledge of and ability to investigate, troubleshoot, resolve and prevent the recurrence of incidents that interfere with the normal delivery of IT services.IT Service Management (ITSM) – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of management skill sets and technical tools to ensure quality and high standards in IT services.IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.Packaged Application Integration – Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.Problem Management – Knowledge of the processes involved in problem control, error control and the production of management information; the ability to identify the root cause of problems in a timely and accurate manner and bring them to a successful resolution.Requirements Analysis – Knowledge of methods and techniques to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements; ability to analyze these requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project.Software Reliability Management – Knowledge of, and ability to develop and use, principles, methodologies and metrics that increase software product performance and reliability.System Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [email protected]
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.