Detection & Investigation Analyst Sr
PNC Financial Services Group, Rocky Mount North Carolina
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) (position title) within PNC's (name of division) organization, you will be based in (city/state location of position).
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Detection & Investigation Analyst Sr within PNC's Card Loss Prevention organization, you will be based in Rocky Mount, NC.
The hours of this position are Monday- Friday 2:00pm- 11:00pm with every other Saturday & Sunday.
- Reviews and investigates customer cases, reports, and work for potential and actual loss; minimizes fraud, AML and/or organizational risk. Responsible for early detection of suspicious activity, control and prevention of losses.
- Researches and analyzes bank activities and reports to detect and prevent possible fraudulent and suspicious activities. Recommends disposition.
- Uses defined research procedures to identify and resolve issues. Starts to identify trends.
- Follows standards and practices to mitigate fraud, AML and other risk exposure and loss. Shares best practices amongst the team and/or service partners.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate documentation of analysis performed and coordinates with internal or external stakeholders as appropriate.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnti-money Laundering/Sanctions Policies and Procedures – Knowledge of and ability to prevent or report money laundering and Sanctions-related activities in banking and financial services industry.Business Ethics – Knowledge of practices, behaviors, applicable laws, rules, and regulations governing proper business conduct; ability to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations.Business Process Improvement – Knowledge of and ability to use methods for identifying, evaluating, introducing and implementing more efficient approaches to performing business related activities.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Fraud Detection and Prevention – Knowledge of and ability to utilize processes, tools, and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations.Information Capture – Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.Operational Risk – Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Standard Operating Procedures – Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require an Associates or equivalent degree as well as related experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Typically requires 3+ years experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [email protected]
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.