Technology Engineer (Java support)
PNC Financial Services Group, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) (position title) within PNC's (name of division) organization, you will be based in (city/state location of position).
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Technology Engineer within PNC's Corporate and Institutional MIS Run the Bank (support) organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Strongsville, OH.
The following skills/experience are preferred:
• Strong experience in application development and support activities involving J2EE technologies
• Experience in application development and support activities involving SOA, Angular JS, Webservices, Spring 3.0
• Experience in application development and support activities involving Apache Tomcat 8.5 and Web Sphere 8.5
• Experience in application development and support activities involving Oracle 12c and above
• Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate and recognize and resolve technical (hardware, software, application, or operational) problems.
• Good communication skills
The following skills/experience are a plus:
• Experience in IDE tools such as Eclipse Oxygen
• Experience in build/deployment tools such as Ant, Maven, Gradle, JIRA, GIT, Jenkins and UDeploy
• Experience in ETL and BI Reporting
• Experience in Banking/financial services industry
• Experience in production support activities
- Leverages technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build and maintain technology solutions. Assists with selecting appropriate platforms, integrates and configures solutions.
- Develops software components and hardware for new and emerging technology projects; aligns these with business strategies and objectives.
- May provide consultation on common issues and best practices for junior staff.
- Provides a systematic analysis on client requirements within the traceability framework and resolves any functional problems encountered.
- Ensures quality of project deliverables while maintaining compliance with relevant standards and processes.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesApplication Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Effectiveness Measurement – Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.Emerging Technologies – Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.IT Industry: Trends & Directions – Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [email protected]
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.