Software Developer Sr
PNC Financial Services Group, Little Rock Arkansas
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) (position title) within PNC's (name of division) organization, you will be based in (city/state location of position).
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Software Developer Sr. within PNC's Technology and Innovations organization, you will be based in Little Rock, Arkansas.
• Experience in Web Application and API Development, involved in all facets including architecture, implementation and maintenance of applications.
• Hands on UI Development experience in creating web pages with responsive design using React, Angular and VueJS frameworks and their component-based architecture. Particular emphasis on React JS
• Development with Web Services API’s using REST, Swagger, JSON and Microservices architecture.
• Experience in designing and developing interactive user interfaces for web applications using various UI technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap and AJAX.
• Responsible for development of new highly-responsive, web-based user interfaces.
• Ability to develop a flexible and well-structured front-end architecture, along with APIs to support it
• Good knowledge and understanding on cloud technology with particular emphasis with Microsoft Azure
• Experience on RDBMS like SQL Server 2014+ including designing tables, views, stored procedures and functions including reviewing query performance and optimizing application code.
• Experience on the Microsoft .NET platform using ASP.NET, C# and Entity Framework.
• Experience in Object Oriented analysis, design and development of applications
• Experience in .NET Core and Entity Framework a plus
• Experience with Microsoft Unit testing framework a plus
• Experience with GIT
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills to clearly and effectively work with team members
• Demonstrated problem analysis and solving skills including complex problems
- Provides detailed technical design and development of software solutions using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Proposes & designs software solutions to address complex business needs.
- Writes code, tests and deploys software.
- Prepares technical and procedural documentation required for software.
- Maintains and debugs software.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesApplication Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.Application Design, Architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.Application Testing – Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.Packaged Application Integration – Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.System Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.Technical Writing/Documentation – Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [email protected]
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.