PNC Financial Services Group, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) (position title) within PNC's (name of division) organization, you will be based in (city/state location of position).
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) (position title) within PNC's (name of division) organization, you will be based in (city/state location of position).
- Represents the business and sets the strategic vision for the portfolio. Makes trade-offs across teams, e.g., funding and resource allocation; ensures alignment where needed. Approver of teams' prioritization and major deliverables.
- Interfaces with leadership and other portfolios/executives, especially when there are decisions (i.e., reprioritization) to be made across portfolios. Engages with other Portfolios/ executives when information/ scope of the teams not enough to make decisions
- In consultation with the Product Owner; makes decisions including removal of impediments based on information provided by Scrum teams/POs and other stakeholders. Ensures solid product vision together with all Product Owners and provides guidance on backlog prioritization based on business value.
- Pressure tests iteration plans and scope. Reviews iteration WIP, demos and provides feedback as necessary. Determines if iteration outcome is acceptable from functional/non-functional aspects
- Reviews final deliverables, approves and coordinates acceptance among SMEs. Partners with independent risk management to ensure requirements are met and that products are integrated and deployed successfully to production)
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and customers.
CompetenciesAgile Development – Knowledge of and ability to utilize formal agile methodologies, disciplines, practices and techniques for the delivery of new and enhanced applications.Business Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Cross-Team Integration – Ability to lead employees from various functions to communicate, coordinate work across divisions, and collaborate in solving problems as one team.Design Thinking – Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and processes of design thinking; ability to utilize the knowledge in designing new products and services and even improving organizational operation.Innovation – Develops new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organization.Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.Solutions Development – Knowledge of and the ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions for them.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [email protected]
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.