Business Development Officer Sr - Wealth Management/Hawthorn
PNC Financial Services Group, Charlotte North Carolina
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) (position title) within PNC's (name of division) organization, you will be based in (city/state location of position).
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Sr. Business Development Officer within PNC's Wealth Management organization, you will be based in Charlotte, NC. This role will be focused on expanding the Western Carolina's market for PNC's Wealth Management by using your strong network and centers of influence to identify and introduce new prospects to the wealth management team. This role is a new business development role and will not carry a book of business.
- Drives new client acquisition in new and existing markets. Identifies external pipeline of prospective AMG clients or referral sources by educating about and positioning AMG capabilities. Develops the most complex and sophisticated new client opportunities. Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Calls on new prospects as well as key centers of influence to position the full spectrum of AMG products and services and meet client needs. Cultivates referrals/leads, generates interest and collaborates with partners to onboard new clients.
- Engages with management and/or partners to establish and execute the appropriate activities, tactics and strategies to identify and pursue new opportunities and successfully onboard new clients. Provides management with insight on industry trends, best practices and product needs.
- Identifies the appropriate customer base and develops and implements a marketing strategy and plan. Manages the sales process, identifies the service team and facilitates the transition from prospect to client.
- Maintains timely, accurate and complete sales administration tasks as determined by the business.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesBusiness Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Customer Experience Management. – Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Financial Services Industry – Knowledge of financial services industry trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters; ability to provide specific financial knowledge and experience to help organizational development.Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.Sales Function – Knowledge of and the ability to conduct daily and strategic activities in an organization's sales function.Sales Negotiating – Applies successful financial sale solutions to negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with customers in a constructive and collaborative manner. Negotiate structures and closes customer sales.Selling. – Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [email protected]
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.