Sales Leader I - C&IB
PNC Financial Services Group, Horsham Pennsylvania
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) (position title) within PNC's (name of division) organization, you will be based in (city/state location of position).
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Sales Leader 1 within PNC's Equipment Finance Division, you will be based in Horsham, PA.
- Manages and directs a team to achieve business results and customer experience goals. May have direct sales and client responsibilities. Oversees the execution of strategy.
- Leads and coordinates the daily activities of team members engaged in customer and/or prospect management activities. Achieves business results, attracts new customers and/or grows existing customer relationships by coaching and managing to defined strategies and tactics. Develops and oversees the execution of account and sales plans. May have direct sales and client responsibilities.
- Manages risk/return and drives quality for new and/or existing clients. Actively identifies and mitigates different types of risk, such as regulatory, reputational, operational and credit risks.
- Manages effective network of senior internal and external relationships, such as community or industry relationships, to actively acquire new clients and/or expand existing clients and enhance the client experience. Focuses on bringing the full range of PNC's products and services to the client. Leverages reporting and sales tools to proactively identify and successfully convert sales opportunities.
- Develops team members while monitoring progress against individual goals. Motivates and develops staff, including acquiring top talent and managing performance-based issues. Effectively plans, organizes, directs, analyzes and evaluates staff and processes. Connects strategy to day-to-day activities and updates the team on a regular basis.
- As defined with the business, coaches team members on skills needed to analyze, evaluate and mitigate credit risk and to lead others on credit requests by utilizing advanced knowledge of credit fundamentals and internal credit policies.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and customers.
CompetenciesConflict Management – Understanding of how to anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation level; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.Sales Management – Develops sales strategies that incorporate client segments, market opportunities, competitive forces and sales force effectiveness. Identifies priorities and ensures sales teams execute against plans that focus on deepening client relationships, elevating market share and increasing share of wallet. Drives sales teams to build a strong pipeline of prospects and clients.Selling. – Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [email protected]
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.