Compliance Program Mgr Sr
PNC Financial Services Group, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) (position title) within PNC's (name of division) organization, you will be based in (city/state location of position).
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Compliance Program Manager Sr within PNC's C&IB CPO organization, you will be based anywhere within the PNC Footprint.
This role is focused on Payments and Product Compliance Risk within the 1st Line of Defense compliance team. Responsibilities will include Product and Initiative compliance risk assessments and support of new product development, monitoring and maintaining the Product Inventory for C&IB and AMG, consulting with the business on appropriate control design, provide regulatory subject matter expertise for audits and Regulatory Exams, issue identification and remediation and executive reporting related to Product Compliance risks.
Strongly preferred skills and experience
Product management and risk experience
Extensive Treasury Management sales or product development background
Agile Project management experience a plus
Strategic thinker with proven ability to successfully execute risk management programs
- Establishes and enhances effective compliance programs and designs policies to identify and prevent illegal, unethical, or improper business practices. Trains, monitors, and manages junior staff and remediates any issues. Constructively challenges conclusions/status quo and uses established credibility to influence customers.
- Supports key business initiatives by drawing conclusions from data to identify compliance risks. Presents resolutions to manage and mitigate the identified risks to business partners. If necessary, escalates identified risks to senior team members. Identifies compliance impact on matters such as marketing materials, sales programs, product development, documentation review and other business initiatives. Works cooperatively with the business, legal partners, audit and other risk disciplines across the organization. May include developing, facilitating, and conducting Compliance training programs for junior staff.
- Assesses activity for existing and emerging risks. Evaluates the materiality of the risks identified and presents recommendations on necessary risk mitigation to senior leadership. Uses knowledge on current laws, rules, and other regulatory requirements and drafts or assesses Compliance Manuals, Front Office materials, policies and procedures to ensure alignment. Manages regulatory examinations and inquiries, including the coordination of interviews and information requests from regulatory agencies.
- Directs the compliance monitoring program and reviews activity to ensure it falls within established risk control limits. Identifies and defines the Compliance program objectives for assigned area, products/services, and applicable regulations. Communicates and socializes compliance program objectives to executive level business partners and junior staff, as applicable. Independently challenges analyses and formulates value-added recommendations. Advises junior staff on how to appropriately challenge analyses and how to formulate thoughtful recommendations as needed.
- Completes a final review of compliance reports to identify common themes and widespread trends. Escalates issues through proper governance channels as needed, and recommends corrective action plans. Advises junior staff on report analysis techniques as applicable. Proposes revisions and implementation strategy for new/enhanced reports in order to ensure timely and effective compliance with regulatory requirements.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and customers.
CompetenciesAnti-money Laundering/Sanctions Policies and Procedures – Knowledge of and ability to prevent or report money laundering and Sanctions-related activities in banking and financial services industry.Audit And Compliance Function – Knowledge of and ability to manage the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Audit and Compliance (A&C) function or department.Fraud Management – Knowledge of and ability to employ internal controls and to enhance business strategies for the purpose of detecting, correcting and preventing fraudulent activities.Internal Controls – Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [email protected]
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.