Senior Oracle Data Engineer
General Dynamics Information Technology, Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania
Type of Requisition:Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Top Secret
Suitability:No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Job Family:Systems Engineering
• Conduct and lead discussions with business leads and SMEs to understand and document the scope and business requirements, and translate these into the technical database designs.
• Interface with key stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of the business, and translate to detailed design specifications
• Lead in the creation, development, implementation, configuration, maintenance, and support of data models for databases, data marts, and data warehouses
• Develop methods to store, organize, and report data and incorporate development operation/ automation where appropriate
• Collaborate on the definition, development, and maintenance of standards and processes
• Proactively investigate and troubleshoot technical challenges, and direct corrective action
• Identify potential design, process and/or system changes to optimize performance, perform data normalization, and mitigate risks
• Research, troubleshoot, and resolve data issues impacting report and data delivery
Bachelor's degree in related discipline
15+ Years of experience.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Travel Required:Less than 10%
Telecommuting Options:Telecommuting Not Allowed
Work Location:USA PA Mechanicsburg
Additional Work Locations:We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.