Senior Systems Analyst
General Dynamics Information Technology, Stennis Space Center Mississippi
Type of Requisition:Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Secret
Suitability:No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:None
Job Family:Systems Analysis
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Senior Systems Analyst at Stennis Space Center, MS.
Position requires an Active Secret Security clearance.
Analyzes software applications and computer system specifications to ensure that applications are accurately reviewed, registered, and compliant with customer system architecture standards. Demonstrates a broad knowledge of current IT technologies
Functional Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Must have seven years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in performing systems analysis, software development, and system integration within a business, mathematical, or scientific setting using a variety of information technology resources.
- Performs System analysis and evaluations on existing or proposed systems and assists in the design of computer systems to process data.
- Conducts research and record maintenance of applications, systems, data, and databases identified in the customer’s Application and Database Management System.
- Provides technical expertise on applications, systems, data, and databases in support of IT portfolio governance. Familiar with application lifecycle support, application rationalization, information assurance/security, and application mapping to an operational activity taxonomy.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Previous military or technical experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
Required Experience: Seven years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in performing computer systems analysis, systems administration, and/or software development. Must have experience in systems analysis and familiarity with current and emerging technologies.
Required Skills, Qualifications or Experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in software applications, database development, and software operating systems.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skill to support interactions with senior customer representatives.
- Experience in the creation and implementation of policy, instructions, guidance and data calls for data and information management.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Generate reports from Application Management Systems regarding applications and systems as needed to investigate portfolio issues and to ensure compliance with relevant policy, guidance, instruction, business rules and processes.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner
Preferred Skills, Qualifications or Experience:
- Displays an understanding of IT portfolio management business rules and policies for applications, systems and databases.
- Provide support for and address emergent IT policy and strategy regarding applications, systems, data and databases.
- Knowledge or experience with Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of the Navy (DoN) policies, applications, systems, and database records.
- Experience with the Department of the Navy (DON) Application and Database Management System (DADMS) and DoD IT Portfolio Repository-DON (DITPR-DON).
- Meteorology and Oceanography experience.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Telecommuting Options:Some Telecommuting Allowed
Work Location:USA MS Stennis Space Center
Additional Work Locations:We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.