Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET)
General Dynamics Information Technology, Bossier City Louisiana
Type of Requisition:Pipeline
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Secret
Suitability:No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:None
Job Family:Test Engineering
We are looking for a SDET who will have the following position.
- Design, develop, and implement test plans, manual test scripts, and automated
- Create tests in the context of a collaborative, team-based environment
- Implement and identify innovative tools, frameworks, automation, and utilities to increase velocity while maintaining and improving quality standards
- Apply technical, business, and quality skills to assess product and code health, implement modern testing approaches, and prevent production defects.
- Help establish a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality
- Perform API level testing
- Actively participate in agile meetings with product and program management
- Have a proactive attitude and a willingness to “go the extra mile” to get the job done
- Create end-to-end System Integration test cases to use as a design for developing regression automated tests.
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, or a related discipline, plus five (5) years or more of IT experience.
- Familiarity of various SDLC methodologies
- Deep understanding of the different software testing methodologies
- Strong experience with automated testing tools/frameworks/languages such as Selenium, UFT, eggplant Functional, Test Complete, Cucumber, NUnit, Junity, JMeter, Karma, etc.
- Experience working as part of an agile team utilizing Scrum, XP, Kanban, or Scrumban
- Generation and maintenance of controlled test datasets and scenarios
- Experience working with DevSecOps pipelines
- Experience writing automated tests for web front ends, web services, APIs, and databases
- Experience testing commercial-off-the-shelf applications
- Mobile testing experience a plus
- Accessibility testing experience a plus
- Performance testing experience a plus
- Self-motivated, quick learner with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Quality and Detail-orientated
- Team player who works well with customers and colleagues at all levels.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Travel Required:Less than 10%
Telecommuting Options:Some Telecommuting Allowed
Work Location:USA LA Bossier City
Additional Work Locations:We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.