Systems Operations Specialist, with Polygraph
General Dynamics Information Technology, Mclean Virginia
Type of Requisition:Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
Job Family:Systems Administration
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Systems Operations Specialist joining our team to support Government activities at McLean, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Operations Specialist supporting the customer, you will be trusted to develop and integrate sustainable IT solutions for Windows platform servers and migration. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Working on a dynamic team of PM engineers to migrate Windows Servers from a physical environment to a virtual one.
- Performing SAN storage and backup configuration
- Perform Windows recap/server upgrades, troubleshoot servers and applications.
- Perform phone duty for 1 week on rotational basis
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience.
- Technical Skills: Engineering, configuration and OM support for Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 servers & data migration; Windows platform migration and virtualization, Powershell scripting, SCOM, Microsoft, WSUS, Vormetrics and backup technologies.
- Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity of Windows Servers and applications.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively execute its mission.
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Travel Required:Less than 10%
Telecommuting Options:Telecommuting Not Allowed
Work Location:USA VA McLean
Additional Work Locations:We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.