Systems Engineer - Infrastructure Engineer, with Polygraph
General Dynamics Information Technology, Herndon Virginia
Type of Requisition:Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
Job Family:Systems Engineering
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Cloud Network Administrator joining our team to support government activities in Herndon, VA.
At GDIT people are our differentiator. As a Cloud Network Administrator supporting the customer, you will be trusted to support the transition and migration of data and applications from the legacy network to the hybrid cloud network. Ln this role a typical day will include but not limited to:
- Maintain the network that supports the customer's on premises and cloud environments
- Maintain the network enclaves to include routing, switching, firewall, network monitoring and management
- Collaborate with team members and at times in a highly autonomous manner to establish requirements through to the implementation of the technical solution
- Demonstrated on-the-job knowledge and experience in the Network Telecommunication field with a diverse hands-on experience with routing, switching, load balancer, and firewalls
- Demonstrated on-the-job understanding of cloud networking technology
• Demonstrated understanding and on-the-job engineering, designing, configuring, and implementing experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)Virtual Private Networks (VPN's), lnternet Gate Ways (lGW's), Virtual Private VPC, Security Groups, Peer VPC's, Route Tables, and NACL's
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with maintaining Local Area Network (LAN)
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with maintaining and troubleshooting with different Routing Protocols (i.e. OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP) and Gateway Redundancy Protocols (i.e. HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP)
- Demonstrated on-the-job e experience with maintaining and troubleshooting with Multicast, STP, WP, Virtual LAN's and Trunking (VLAN's)
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with maintaining and troubleshooting with Network Controlled lnterfaces/Security: Firewalls, ACL, lPSec Tunnels, and Crypto
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with different network security vendors and cloud technology
- Demonstrated understanding with Software Defined Networking (SDN) technology and vendor (e.g. Cisco Application Centric lnfrastructure (ACl)
- Demonstrated excellent understanding and on-the-job experience with Network Management and Monitoring
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, lnformation Systems, Engineering, Business or a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Security clearance level: Top Secret/SCl with Polygraph
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively execute its mission
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Telecommuting Options:Telecommuting Not Allowed
Work Location:USA VA Herndon
Additional Work Locations:We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.