Service Engineer II
General Dynamics Information Technology, Reston Virginia
Type of Requisition:Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
Job Family:Systems Administration
The Microsoft Azure platform is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 data centers and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
GDIT has partnered with Microsoft in support of Microsoft’s Secure Operations Center (SOC) that provides end-to-end operational support for the Azure core and Office365 platform. Operational support is comprised of three teams: Livesite, Network Management, and Customer Reported Incidents. These teams span across various product groups, including Azure, Active Directory (AAD), and Office365.The services will be operated from two Microsoft SOCs in Reston, VA and Redmond, WA, with the penultimate goal of supporting all US Government environments from the same SOC.
* Relocation assistance provided*
GDIT is looking for a Service Engineer II that holds TS/SCI with Poly clearance for a position located in Reston, VA.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrated experience diagnosing/debugging faults in complex services or distributed systems
- Working knowledge of enterprise network gear including routers, switches, and load balancers
- Working knowledge of enterprise routing protocols and IP subnetting
- Experience using common diagnostic tools like Netmon, WinDBG, and Wireshark
- Experience with PowerShell, SQL, and Python scripting
- Able to diagnose and mitigate faults
- Able to identify and drive recovery levers with feature teams
- Able to communicate effectively through written and oral English
- Able to interact with external customers & partners on behalf of Microsoft
- Ability to perform work under continuous deadline pressure
- Ability to identify and script automatable problems, perform work with efficiency in mind
- BS or equivalent + 2 yrs related experience, or MS + 0 yrs experience
- Hold active TS/SCI with Poly as defined by Clearance Requirements section
- 2-4 years of experience diagnosing/debugging faults in complex online services
- Must be open to shift work as 24/7 support is needed
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Travel Required:Less than 10%
Telecommuting Options:Telecommuting Not Allowed
Work Location:USA VA Reston
Additional Work Locations:We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.