Help Desk Technical Support III
General Dynamics Information Technology, Washington District of Columbia
Type of Requisition:Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:None
Suitability:No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:Other
Job Family:Help Desk
GDIT is looking for a HelpDesk Technical Support Specialist to support our federal client. The HelpDesk Technical Support Specialist will analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex issues called into the Service Desk and issues escalated to them. Support involves desk-side support and remote connectivity to client desktops to resolve issues. This position is located in Washington, DC.
- Resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems.
- Diagnoses, identifies, isolates, and analyzes problems utilizing historical database records.
- May route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists.
- Maintains and updates records and tracking databases.
- Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- Assisting end users with the use of Microsoft Office applications (this includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Installing PC applications
- Creating user documentation and customized training
- Hardware problem diagnosis and resolution
- Create, modify, and customize applications for individual users
- Input and manage software information in Software Licensing Database
- Configures a variety of FERC application software products to support the continuous availability, reliability, and performance of the FERC installed Applications
- Troubleshoots and resolves routine problems by consulting with customers and providing timely and accurate responses to service requests
- Performs other duties as required
- Must have Comp TIA A+ or higher
- AA or equivalent + 3 years of related experience
- ITIL V3
- Tier II and/or Tier III HelpDesk support
Candidates in this role are required to wear business casual attire Monday through Fridays. Business casual is a polo shirt, dress shirt and/or sweater, khakis or dress pants and business shoes. Employees supporting commission hearings or VIP staff shall wear traditional business attire. Traditional business attire includes suits or dress shirts and ties, and dress shoes for men; and business-oriented suits and dress shoes for women.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Telecommuting Options:Telecommuting Not Allowed
Work Location:USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.