Sr Instructional Systems Designer : TS/SCI with Poly Required
General Dynamics Information Technology, Reston Virginia
Type of Requisition:Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Suitability:No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:None
Job Family:Intelligence Training
Trains and mentors core tradecraft learning requirements of the intelligence community.
1. Work with instructors subject matter experts instructional technologists, and developers to analyze, design, develop, and evaluate learning solutions.
2. Formally documents instructional design plans in the form of design document, project plan etc.3. Demonstrated experience with creation of a document that identifies instructional design and project information to guide the development of instruction and contains, but is not limited to summary of the learning need or project requirements, solution concept, project milestones and deliverables, success criteria, project risks or similar design considerations. 4. Ability to use empirical data to make instructional design decisions. 5. Designs instructional strategies that engage, motivate, or are learner-centered. 6. Develops or creates project management plans for instructional design projects. The plans may include such things as project schedules, task listings and assignments, milestones and deliverables, scope outlines, or level of effort estimates. 7. Designs assessments of learning to determine learning gains or achievement of objectives which may include writing test items, constructing instructional rubrics, or constructing observation protocols.
8. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
9. Is recognized as a subject matter expert in the field in which he/she is training.
10. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
11. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
12. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
13. Provides work leadership to lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
14. May serve as technical team or task lead.
15. Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
17. Participates in special projects as required.
BA/BS in Education, Instructional Systems Design, Instructional Technology or a related field.
10+ years of demonstrated experience in adult learning theories, methods, strategies, best practices, techniques, of instructional curriculum develop and evaluation to assist in the develop and delivery of lessons related to establish training goals.
Knowledge of the latest trends in education and how technology enables learning.
Must have Instructional Systems Design experience within the Intelligence Community.
Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Creative Suite.
Must have an understanding of the ADDIE instructional system design model.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Telecommuting Options:Telecommuting Not Allowed
Work Location:USA VA Reston
Additional Work Locations:We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.